Last Updated: These Terms and Conditions were last revised and are effective as of May 25th, 2019.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all users of www.blacksherbertmusic.com and its associated features, content, materials, products and/or services (collectively, the “Website”), which is owned and/or operated by Surfer’s Hollow (“Surfer’s Hollow”,”us” or “we”).
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us, with respect to your use of the Services and all matters relating to your access to, and/or use of, the Services except as expressly provided herein. A printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in any and all judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR USING THE WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING COMBINED TERMS AND REPRESENT TO US THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY COMPETENT TO ENTER INTO AND AGREE TO THESE COMBINED TERMS. IF AT ANY TIME YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE COMBINED TERMS, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
THESE TERMS INCLUDE A RELEASE BY YOU OF ALL CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE AGAINST US THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
BY USING ANY OF THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THESE COMBINED TERMS.
1. Eligibility. To use the Services, you must be, and represent and warrant that you are, of legal age (18 years of age or older or otherwise of legal age in your jurisdiction, or, if you have parental consent, 13 years of age) and able to agree to these Terms.
2. Acceptance of Terms. By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Agreement and to any additional rules and guidelines that we post on the Site. We may make changes to this Agreement from time to time; we may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when we last changed this Agreement by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend above. Your use of the Site following changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of those changes; provided, however, any material change to this Agreement shall not apply retroactively to any claim or dispute between you and us in connection with this Agreement that arose prior to the “LAST UPDATED” date applicable to that version of this Agreement in which we included such material change. We may, at any time, modify or discontinue all or part of the Site; charge, modify or waive fees required to use the Site; or offer opportunities to some or all Site users.
4. Applicable Laws. We control and operate the Site from our offices in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
5. Warranties. We do not guarantee that the Website is or will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
6. No Liability for Unforeseeable Loss and Damage. Surfer’s Hollow is not responsible for loss or damage resulting from your use of the Website that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you acknowledge and agree to these Combined Terms, both Surfer’s Hollow and you are aware that it might occur.
7. No Liability for Commercial Losses. The Website is provided for private, non-commercial use only. Surfer’s Hollow has no liability for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of contract, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity in connection with your use of the Website.
8. Jurisdiction. The Site is controlled and/or operated from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws, except as otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. If you access the Site, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
9. Modification of the Combined Terms. Surfer’s Hollow reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Combined Terms at any time for any reason, and we may notify you of such changes through any of a variety of means, including a change to the “Last Updated” date set forth above and other reasonable means to be determined at our discretion. All changes shall be effective immediately. Please refer to these Combined Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website after the posting of changes to the Combined Terms constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree with the modifications to the Combined Terms, then please do not access or use the Website.
10. Modifications to the Site and the Services. We reserve the right, for any reason, in our sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to, content, features or hours of availability. We may also impose limits on certain features of the Site or restrict your access to part or all of the Site without notice or penalty. Surfer’s Hollow reserves the right to temporarily or permanently terminate your membership on the Site for any or no reason without prior notice.
11. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Website, including the content, text, audio, video, audio-visual material, information, graphics, design, compilation are owned and/or licensed to Surfer’s Hollow, and are legally protected, without limitation, under U.S. federal and state laws and regulations, as well as applicable foreign laws, regulations and treaties. No right, license or permission is granted to you by these Terms, including, but not limited to, any right, license or permission to copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, transmit, download, display in public, or modify the Website or any of the Website Content in any manner, to any extent, by any means, in any medium or for any purpose, other than those expressed herein.
13. Orders for Products and Services. We may make certain products available to visitors of the Site. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means accepted by the Black Sherbert Shop. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us.
Except to the extent applicable law provides otherwise, all sales through the Site are final, and all charges from those sales are nonrefundable, except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement.
14. Product Delivery. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right to change Product delivery options without notice. On occasion, technical and other problems may delay or prevent delivery of a particular Product. Except to the extent that applicable law provides otherwise, your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any Product that is not delivered within a reasonable period will be either replacement of such Product or a refund of the purchase price paid for such Product, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
15. Prohibited Uses of the Website.
(a) As a condition of your use of the Website, you hereby represent and warrant that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited (including, without limitation, the prohibitions in this Section) by these Combined Terms.
(b) Any use by you of any of the Surfer’s Hollow Materials and Website other than for your personal use is strictly prohibited. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, distribute, or exploit any portion of the Website, use of the Website, access to the Website, or Non-Surfer’s Hollow Content obtained through the Website, for any purpose other than for your personal use.
(c) You agree not to use the Website if you do not meet the eligibility requirements described in Section 1 above.
(d) You agree not to intentionally interfere with or damage, impair or disable the operation of the Website or any User’s enjoyment of it by any means, including but not limited to uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other malicious code, or placing a disproportionate load on the Website with the intended result of denying service to other Users.
(e) You agree not to remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security- related features of the Website, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any part of the Website, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Website.
(f) You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or any part of it, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website or any part of it, through hacking, password mining or any other means or overburden, disrupt, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted through the Website.
(g) You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Website. You agree neither to modify the Website in any manner or form (other than contributing User Content as enabled by the Website’s functionality and in accordance with these CombinedTerms), nor to use modified versions of the Website, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Website.
(h) You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access, scrape, mine, extract, collect or copy information from, the Website for any purpose without our express prior written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website.
(i) You agree not to utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Surfer’s Hollow Materials without our express prior written consent. You agree not to use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Surfer’s Hollow’s name or trademarks without Surfer’s Hollow’s express prior written consent.
(j) You agree not to use any Surfer’s Hollow logos, graphics, or trademarks as part of the link without our express prior written consent.
(k) You agree not to make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail or spam to other users of the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures.
(l) You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decode or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Website or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
(m) You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works based upon the Website or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
Unauthorized or prohibited use of the Website or the Surfer’s Hollow Materials may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both under federal, state and applicable local laws in other countries.
16. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” [AND] “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET USERS’ REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SURFER’S HOLLOW ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS THAT MAY INFECT OR HARM, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE IN THIS SECTION, SURFER’S HOLLOW AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SITE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS AND OTHERWISE ON THE SITE OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH SURFER’S HOLLOW OR ITS AGENTS. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SITE ARE PROVIDED BY SURFER’S HOLLOW “AS IS”, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE OR SALE AGREEMENT SEPARATELY ENTERED INTO IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND SURFER’S HOLLOW OR ITS LICENSOR OR SUPPLIER.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SURFER’S HOLLOW OR ANY OF ITS PROTECTED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF SUCH PROTECTED ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROTECTED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXCEPT AS SET OUT BELOW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR LIABILITY ARISING UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, (WHETHER OR NOT ANY OF THE PARTIES OR THE RELATED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WILL ANY OF THE PARTIES OR THE RELATED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, THAT ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A) THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR ANY SITE CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICES; (B) THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (C) ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS; (D) ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES AND, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, SURFER’S HOLLOW, AND THE PARTIES’ LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY DESCRIBED ABOVE SHALL APPLY FULLY TO RESIDENTS OF NEW JERSEY.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” THIS RELEASE INCLUDES THE CRIMINAL ACTS OF OTHERS. IF YOU ARE NOT A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER ANY STATUTE OR COMMON LAW PRINCIPLE SIMILAR TO SECTION 1542 THAT GOVERNS YOUR RIGHTS IN THE JURISDICTION OF YOUR RESIDENCE.